Join us for our 250th Coffee and Jam session. You'll get your weekly dosage of inspiration and see what is happening in the Christchurch Startup and innovation ecosystem.
This week we kick off with our first speakers from Christ's College and the Lab5 programme. The boys will get to pitch their ideas to you, gaining valuable feedback and pitch experience. They will then take this experience into the second half of the week to develop their ideas further.
After this we'll hear from Marcelle Lunam, the founder and project lead for Tūmanako. Marcelle has worked extensively with the prestigious Victor Chang Cardiac Research Institute, and the innovative Chris O’Brien Lifehouse in Sydney in a strategic creative and corporate executive capacity. She has re-branded CCTV China, ABCTV Australia, is an awarded director and creative and has been the international Creative Director of Mambo and Creative Director of zSpace in Sydney.
Shoutouts from this week:
22 May, 5.30pm, EPIC, Christchurch
• Brenda Banning - Head Industry Innovation Advisors - JAPAC at Oracle - https://au.linkedin.com/in/brendabanning
• Lucy-Jane Walsh originally studied a Bachelor of Arts at Canterbury University, is now working full time as a Software Engineer.
• Hattie Compton-Moen is a Year 11 student, she interns at FabLab in Christchurch and plans to study Mechatronics or Software Engineering in the future.
• Yalini Sundralingam studied Computer Science (BSc Hons and MSc) and is a Senior Tutor teaching at the University of Canterbury.
- TECH CAREERS and Pizza Night with industry guest speaker, Tania Armstrong, who is the Client Relationship Manager and a Director of DATAMetrics Business Intelligence. Tania is also on the SIGNAL Board and leads the Industry Reference Group.
24 May 2018 — 5:30pm, SIGNAL ICT Graduate School, Christchurch
Coffee & Jam is Christchurch's longest running weekly meet up for entrepreneurial-minded people. It’s a great place to see ordinary people doing extraordinary things, be inspired, network, and share in an innovative space. Coffee and Jam is your opportunity to meet new people in the Christchurch entrepreneurial ecosystem and indulge in a little bit of free coffee, jam and bread.
If you have an idea you'd like to pitch get in touch with Gina at firstname.lastname@example.org