Market, Branding, Business Modeling, Sustainability, Software Development, Product Development, Product Marketing, Pricing, Overseas Expansion, Market Selection, Market Validation, Market Analysis, Market Research, Legal, Leadership Coaching, Governance, Go-To-Market Strategy, Fundraising
BUSINESS MODEL EXPERIENCE
B2B, B2C, B2B2C
EXPERTISE IN THESE COUNTRIES
Vietnam, Thailand, Singapore, New Zealand, Malaysia
Cris D. Tran
Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
Cris is an experienced digital strategist, with more than 13 years’ track-record of building ventures, both as a business CEO and management consultant. He has handled an extensive full-cycle driving deal execution from strategy to integration, taken care of public sector to enterprise, corporate and SME accounts. Cris takes on the Founding Expert role at Frontier Leader Institute, a leading boutique consulting firm in Vietnam specialized in digital transformation, corporate management, leadership.
Cris incubates and invests in a number of startups and M3TA Analytics makes Data accessible to the masses with the proprietary No-Code “text-to-chart” technology, especially for web3 businesses. Cris was the Deputy CEO for Sovico Group, one of the largest conglomerates in Vietnam.
Why are you passionate about working with startup founders?
As a startup founder, it's important to be passionate about both your product and growing your idea/company.
Being passionate about your product means that you truly believe in the value it provides to customers and are committed to delivering the best possible product or service. This passion will drive you to continuously improve and innovate the product, and to overcome the inevitable challenges that arise during the course of building a startup. Being passionate about growing your idea/company means that you are committed to building a successful business. This passion will drive you to make strategic decisions, to scale the business, to build a strong team, to raise funds, and to achieve the company's goals. I want to make sure they are successful!
What experience do you have working with startup founders?
I have spent a lot of time as an incubator (advisor/angel investor) myself to support the growth of many great startups. I advised and invested in over 20+ projects over the span of 2021-2022. Some of the projects I have incubated:
1) M3TA (Bahamas): a data analytics platform for web3 & metaverse, raised fund from the biggest VC in Vietnam-Vinacapital (https://tinyurl.com/ycyzxup6) and Klatyn Korea
2) Blockpass (Hong Kong): a decentralized KYC platform, has raised $12 million (https://www.blockpass.org/)
3) Infinito (Singapore): the first universal blockchain wallet in Vietnam back in 2017. It latter created a few successful ventures based on its white label wallet protocol (https://tinyurl.com/48j4aepp)
4) BlokID: a blockhain audit tracking tool for advertising tech industry. Recently raised $1.5mil from its seed-round from Ascend Vietnam Ventures (AVV)
5) Currently, I am advising U2U Foudation, a new layer 1 coming out of Vietnam to incubate a lot of cool projects, this is a good pipeline for projects investment!