Coffee & Jam is Christchurch's longest running weekly meet up for entrepreneurial-minded people. It’s a great place to see ordinary people doing extraordinary things, be inspired, network, and share in an innovative space.
This week's speakers are:
1. Dr Allen Hill - Masters in Sustainability Programme (at Ara)
Dr Allen Hill is a Principal Lecturer and Programme Leader of the Postgraduate Sustainable Practice programme at ARA Institute of Canterbury, Christchurch. Allen’s professional career, in education, is characterised by an enduring commitment to the development of people coupled with a strong concern for issues of justice, sustainability, transformation, and place.
2. Kathryn Jackson - Resilience at Work
Kathryn Jackson is a leadership coach and author with an accidental specialism in growing resilience at work. With more than twelve years working as a full-time leadership development coach, she was already very interested in understanding and supporting career success and confidence in other people. During the shaky years of the Christchurch earthquakes, she was presented with a unique opportunity to work alongside several academic teams studying organisational resilience. She used this experience to leap into global wellbeing discussion about what it takes to not only survive, but thrive in our workplaces. Kathryn will be sharing some of her journey, along with some ideas for you to make sure that you don’t just focus on food, fitness and a sprinkling of meditation as your business grows.
Coffee and Jam is your opportunity to meet new people in the Christchurch entrepreneurial ecosystem and indulge in a little bit of free coffee, jam and fresh bakery bread.
If you have an idea you'd like to pitch get in touch with Milena at email@example.com
1) Lenore from Sweet Teepee Adventures is looking for someone to assist with events (transporting 6m poles and helping set up); could be a potential business partner. Contact her at 022 364 7073
2) Blair Morgan from Effectus Limited would like to invite you to an ITP event THIS THURSDAY @ EPIC at 5:30 - it is about 'Understanding mental illness and suicide prevention in the workplace.' Click here to book your ticket.
3) Georgia Robertson shouts out Humanitix - Humanitix is a first of its kind events ticketing platform, is entirely non-profit and backed by Googleand Atlassian. Their model is simple with 100% of their profits funding education projects in Aotearoa New Zealand and abroad. This means that at no extra cost to you, they are transforming your tickets into a force for good. If you are interested in using this ticketing service for your next event, for more information click here.