Coffee & Jam is Christchurch's longest running weekly meet up for entrepreneurial-minded people. It’s a great place to see ordinary people doing extraordinary things, be inspired, network, and share in an innovative space.
This week's speakers are:
1) George Berry - We Are Canterbury
After more than a decade working for major new/ sports organisations George and business Partner Andrew Currie choose to step forward and fill the local sports news void once occupied by the likes The Press, Christchurch Mail, Timaru Herald etc.
Partnering with Canterbury Rugby, football, hockey, basketball, touch and Sport Canterbury to bring a local focused platform.
WeAreCanterbury also has the backing of a number of International level Cantabrians such as Tom Walsh, Anton Copper, Jane Watson, Henry Nicholls, Amy Satterthwaite and others which offers them as athletes a more controlled way to connect with their fans.
2) Matthew Luxon - The Impact Initiative
Following ten years as a social worker in Christchurch and overseas, Matthew Luxon moved into the waste industry. His company, Envision supports the development of community-led resource recovery enterprises and initiatives throughout NZ. Now based in Matakana, just north of Auckland, Matthew works on a number of projects, including The Impact Initiative a social enterprise sector development programme being delivered by Ākina and the DIA, with support from the Community Enterprise Network Trust, of which Matthew is a trustee. Matthew will give a brief overview of the first year of The Impact Initiative, and a summary on what is planned for the final two years of the programme.
Coffee and Jam is your opportunity to meet new people in the Christchurch entrepreneurial ecosystem and indulge in a little bit of free coffee, jam and fresh bakery bread.
If you have an idea you'd like to pitch get in touch with Milena at email@example.com
1) Clara has started a new massage clinic in Redcliffs, Christchurch. Therapeutic and Sports massage. $10 off until the end of May, that's $75 for an hour. For more information search for mindthemuscle on Facebook.
2) Kim from Earthlove is trying to save the world with her new business Earthlove where you will find the tools to help you reduce waste and eliminate plastic. Find out more at www.earthlove.co.nz
3) Signal ICT Grad School is having a Tech Careers and Pizza night tonight at 5:30pm. Register for this free event on Eventbrite.
4) Audiobook of “Structuring for Impact” report from Seeds can be found here.