Coffee & Jam is Christchurch's longest running weekly meet up for entrepreneurial-minded people. It’s a great place to see ordinary people doing extraordinary things, be inspired, network, and share in an innovative space.
This week's speakers are:
1) Pleayo Tovaranonte (Rev3 Tech)
Pleayo is a managing director of Rev3 Tech, a Christchurch-based technology company that uses Augmented and Virtual Reality to help clients visualise development projects whilst they are still in their planning stages. He'll be talking to us tomorrow about Rev3 and his entrepreneurial journey since he last pitched at Coffee and Jam back in 2015.
2) Geoff Walker (Trade Aid)
Geoff is Finance Manager at Trade Aid where he oversees the whole Trade Aid Group which includes 34 charities and 29 shops throughout NZ. Trade Aid has an annual turnover of approximately $13m with 4 business lines including craft, food, coffee and chocolate. Geoff and Ewan, will be discussing Trade Aid’s journey and how they operate a business on commercial terms whilst having deep roots in social equality and sustainability.
Coffee and Jam is your opportunity to meet new people in the Christchurch entrepreneurial ecosystem and indulge in a little bit of free coffee, jam and bread.
If you have an idea you'd like to pitch get in touch with Gina at email@example.com
1) The Creative Junk Open Day: come and see the mural, enjoy activities, make friends and share waste reuse ideas. On Saturday 25 August, 10.00 am – 2.00 pm, 25 Disraeli St, Addington. More information phone: 379 4040, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, web: www.creativejunk.org.nz
2) The Creative Junk is looking for enthusiastic, skilled volunteers to help us bring our waste reuse message to the wider Christchurch community. The skills they would really appreciate are marketing (especially digital), product development, strategy, logistics, and retail, - but we also need general assistants to help in our warehouse and with waste collections. For more information or to express your interest, please contact: Christine or Sharon at 03 794040.
3) Ōtākaro Orchard is having a Planting Day on Saturday, August 25th! Find out more at https://www.facebook.com/events/674071089626459/
4) Perry Field Lawyers is hosting another Legal Mashup, an event coming for social enterprises, charities and not for profits on Tuesday 4 September from 6pm at XCHC. This is a free event but please emailStevenMoe@parryfield.com to RSVP.