At this session we had Ryan O'Hara pitching his startup Propd and we Chris Henderson speaking about a project he is doing with Google in Indonesia.
At this session Ryan O’Hara, co-founder of Propd pitched his startup.
Propd is a cloud based software that helps landlords and tenants connect. The founders of propd found that it was difficult to rent and also found many issues with the process. This online platform helps to make the renting process effortless and eliminate these issues through streamlining all aspects of renting and managing a property, connecting landlords to their current and future tenants and notifying landlords and tenants of their obligations such as rent due dates or law changes.
Propd is currently in their beta stage so if you would like to sign up for their beta launch go to www.propd.co.nz.
Chris Henderson was our educational speaker. Chris is an international consultant with Cognition Education, working primarily in youth and community development. He is currently contracted by Google to research the ways in which teachers and young people in emerging economies adopt new technologies in traditional classroom settings. In this talk Chris reflected on the struggle to find empathy, patience, and perspective when the stakes are high and you are trying to introduce a different style of learning.
On this journey to Indonesia Chris and his team were able to test how creative and innovative students can be by using google products and the potenital that google apps and chrome books can have on the learning style of students. When Chris returned after 6 months to see the progress of what he had propossed to schools in Jakarta he came to find that not much had changed. One major factor contributing to this was that there was no space or time in school schedules to be collaborative. Theses students are heavily tested each week on a number of subjects and simply did not have the time to make room for testing their innovative or creative styles of learning.
If you would like more information on this project please contact Chirs Henderson at CHenderson@cognitioneducation.com
1. Shareacamper is looking for a summer customer servce superstar. If you are a student needing a job over summer, or simply someone who is looking for a temporary job please contact Shareacamper.
2. Geraldine Road Crash Rescue Team/ Geraldine fire brigade team have won the australasian champs and are off to the world champs in Romania. They have started a givealittle page and need your help. Please go to https://givealittle.co.nz/cause/geraldinercr
3. Youthwork are hosting a fundraising dinner and auction on Thursday 3rd November at 6pm. It is held at Sixty6 on Peterbourough. To secure your ticket and support this great cause go to
4. Rebecca Richardson from Ray White is looking for listings. There is a $1000 incentive if she can sell your house. She also is available to give advise related to new homeowners or mortgages. For more information you can reach her on 0221957684 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Brunetto Chocolate still have some orange chilli chocolate for sale. Contact Lucy at @bennettonaturalfoodsco
6. Re:Edit AddVenture have launched their book at Exchange CHCH on Wilsons Road, The xhibition will be open for live editing through untill Friday so pop down any time between 7am and 3pm to have your say. For more info go to www.re-edit.org.
7. Christhchurch artificial intelligence meetup is having a meeting on Mon 7th November from 6-7.30pm, venue TBC. For more info go to meetup.com
Coffee & Jam is Christchurch's longest running weekly meet up for entrepreneurially minded people. It’s a great place to see ordinary people doing extraordinary things, meet people, learn and share in a creative space, hear about other events in Christchurch and indulge in a little bit of free coffee, jam and bread.
If you have an idea you'd like to pitch get in touch with Erica at email@example.com.