Coffee & Jam is Christchurch's longest running weekly meet up for entrepreneurial-minded people. It’s a great place to see ordinary people doing extraordinary things, be inspired, network, and share in an innovative space.
This week's speakers are:
1. UCE Summer Startup Teams
- Tom Maslin - Ignition Tutoring
Tom Maslin is a fourth-year student at the University of Canterbury, studying a Bachelor of Engineering with an Honour in Mechatronics and a Language Diploma in German. After private tutoring for 2 years, at the beginning of 2018, Tom founded and is now CEO of Ignition Tutoring, an education company, by students for students, addressing the negative stigmas around private tuition. Ignition is now working to provide extracurricular programs for schools to help stimulate engagement and creation in education.
- Sima Bagheri - Ora
Sima Bagheri is the founder of a mobile platform streamlining access to stress management resources and support for students. Whilst studying at the University of Canterbury, Sima participated in challenges at the UC Centre for Entrepreneurship, which built her interest in business. She recently graduated from UC with a Bachelor in Engineering with Honours in Chemical & Process Engineering, and will be working as an Environmental Engineer later this year.
2. Neil Hamilton - Canterbury Tech Cluster and its future role
Neil Hamilton is currently the part-time General Manager for Canterbury Tech, but additionally wears a number of other 'hats' in the tech sector including Advisory Board Chair, Investor and Director. He has been in the tech game since forever in roles such as hardware designer, software engineer, business analyst, project/programme manager and various leadership roles. Neil knows a thing or two about establishing and growing companies, and has so far founded 8 companies in 4 countries.
1) Amanda is looking for experts in health wellbeing and personal development for Inspired Services. If that is you, please get in touch with Amanada at email@example.com
2) Meg is looking for employers willing to talk to students about transitioning into the workplace by:
- touring your premises
- and/or participating in an event for international students at UC - communication skills for the Kiwi workplace. Please email Meg at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Coffee and Jam is your opportunity to meet new people in the Christchurch entrepreneurial ecosystem and indulge in a little bit of free coffee, jam and fresh bakery bread.
If you have an idea you'd like to pitch get in touch with Milena at email@example.com