Please note we have stopped accepting applications for this position (25 November, 2022)
With our world-class incubator and accelerator products, the Ministry of Awesome empowers entrepreneurs across New Zealand and Asia-Pacific to improve the global economy through sustainable, profitable innovation that benefits people and planet. MoA supports entrepreneurs from early-stage onwards through its vast network of founders, operators, mentors, advisors, investors, partners, and community leaders. MoA operates through an equal opportunity lens, prohibiting discrimination on any basis.
As our Head of Partnerships, you will create and maintain relationships with current and future corporate, institutional, and governmental partners in NZ and across the Asia-Pacific region.
You will work closely with the Chief Executive as well as the Head of Programmes and Head of Marketing & Community to understand, develop, and communicate the needs, goals, and missions of the partners and how they overlap with those of our client companies, with those of MoA, and with our communities and stakeholders.
You have a demonstrated history of success in selling high value contracts at an enterprise level and developing enduring and mutually beneficial partner relationships. You have a track record of being an outstanding leader, manager, and cross-functional team member familiar with fast-moving, high-growth, tech-enabled startup companies.
You are entrepreneurial, coachable, and curious. You demonstrate hustle in all that you do and your written, verbal, and nonverbal communication skills are impeccable. You identify as an intelligent person, both emotionally and culturally as well as intellectually. Your preparation and knack for systems and processes is balanced by your ability to adapt.
And your passion for helping grow the innovation ecosystem in Aotearoa New Zealand is second only to your kindness and values as a human being.
- 5+ years of experience in enterprise sales, business development, corporate partnerships in lean, agile organisations
- 10+ years of experience working within, around, or with high-growth tech-enabled startups
- Existing book of business and network with industry, government, academia and other potential partner entities in Australia and New Zealand
- Superb leadership skills with previous experience in forming and leading a team – this is a newly formed senior leadership role with the opportunity to establish a high-performing from the outset
- Excellent written, verbal, and nonverbal communication skills
- Success in setting ambitious goals and putting in place the systems and processes necessary to reach them
- Enjoy traveling regularly (up to 50% of the time) to ensure strong face-to-face relationships with new and existing partners
- Familiar with the latest operations software tools (CRM, lead generation, project management, inter-team communication, time tracking, etc.) and their best practices
- Mission driven – you are motivated to leave a positive legacy in your wake
- Entrepreneurial mindset – you are a self-starter who is proactive in recognising what needs to be done and executing that realisation
- Growth mindset – you strive to be 1% better everyday, learning from mistakes and failed experiments, always challenging yourself to improve
- Self-aware – you practice self-reflection and incorporate retrospectives into your work and with your teammates
- Accountable – you live with integrity, doing what you’ll say you do on time and with outstanding quality
- Personable – you enjoy getting to know your teammates, unafraid to be vulnerable and bring your whole self to your position
- Bonus points: You have a consulting background and/or are a previous startup founder; and or have worked within a startup incubator or accelerator programme
Remuneration & Perks:
- Competitive OTE comprised of base salary and bonus/commission pay
- Unlimited time off – get your work done and meet or exceed your targets
- Access to Australasia’s highest quality entrepreneurs, operators, investors, and innovators
- Opportunity to co-create your ultimate remuneration, coaching,and perk package
Why you should join Ministry of Awesome?
- As one of only a few nationally funded and recognised startup incubators in New Zealand, you have the opportunity to positively impact the future economy of a region for years and decades to come
- No other incubator in New Zealand has produced companies that have created as many jobs nor raised as much capital Ministry of Awesome
- This is personal brand building work with countless opportunities to collaborate with leaders across different sectors within New Zealand, across Asia-Pacific, and internationally
- A flexible, fun working environment with a dynamic team of caring human beings
Applications for this role are no longer being accepted. Thank you to all applicants. We will be in touch regarding your application.
Join our team! In addition to this role, Ministry of Awesome is recruiting for other leadership roles including trustees. Know a great candidate? Please share this opportunity with them as we are urgently looking for the right person.