At last month’s Startup Breakfast Club, we caught up with Krissy Sadler-Bridge of MYOB, Jen Heuett from Altitude Media and Luke Eason from Harvey Cameron. Each provided a valuable overview of digital marketing in all its forms and why it’s important for startups.
These were the top ten takeaways:
- 93% of all online experiences start with a search engine, so it’s worth noting the importance of search engine optimsation.
- Understand the two elements of Search Engine Optimisation; on-page SEO is everything you can directly control on your website and off-page is anything else on the internet that points to/mentions you.
- Don’t focus your efforts on vanity leads or likes, focus on conversations and click through rates.
- You have the opportunity to create an amazing customer experience even before they show up, use it.
- Schedule your content in advance and create monthly themes that help you stay in the zone.
- Social media s your business’ first handshake, it’s a key part of customer service.
- Show up and show your face. People want to see people.
- Google is the gatekeeper, keep up to date and create content around that a theme that adds value and builds authority.
- Always measure your results to figure out what is actually working.
- Look at Google Analytics and analyse what ratio of organic traffic to other traffic. Has your organic traffic increased since making SEO changes a month ago.